HAYESVILLE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Upcoming 6th, 7th or 8th grade students interested in playing a fall sport may sign up by click on the link below:
All rising 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students may complete a form below to choose their exploratory class preferences for the 2020-21 School Year. You must be signed in to Google with your SCHOOL EMAIL ADDRESS to proceed. You will only be able to complete the form one time, so read all the directions as you go!
- Starting Monday, June 1st, Clay County Schools will modify how we are distributing meals to children during the summer months. We will continue the meal distribution as long as funding allows in hopes of continuing through the end of July. On June 1st we will move to a Monday through Thursday delivery in which buses will run both a breakfast and lunch route. On Thursdays, children will receive enough meals for Friday on the Thursday route. Therefore, buses will NOT run on Fridays. Please know that we will discontinue curbside pickup starting June 1st. We want to make sure that all children have access to summer meals. Please reach out to us by calling the School Nutrition office if your child does not have access to meals via bus route deliveries at 828-389-6332
- A composite list of community resources available for students and families can be found here.
- Letter for Parents of Students in the Exceptional Children's Program regarding referrals and evaluations
- Letter for Parents of Students in the Exceptional Children's Program regarding the online platform for services during COVID-19
- Other helpful links/community resources:
Free/Reduced Lunch Form 19-20
New Student Enrollment (must be accompanied by residency affidavit obtained from central office)
School Improvement Plan (use the Guest Log-In: GuestS15874)
Our school is committed to constantly improving the safety of our students and staff. In doing so we have trained all of our students to recognize the signs of at-risk behaviors and to utilize the states new anonymous reporting system. Below you will find more information about this program.
Assignments & Class Information
7th Summer Reading
Weekly assignment checklist from the:
5th Grade Teachers
6th Grade Teachers
7th Grade Teachers
8th Grade Teachers
Math I (8th Grade)
In response to her students' interest in life after high school, Mrs. Ginger Scerri founded "Career Day." Each session, held once monthly, featured guest speakers in the areas of business & marketing, communications, mechanics, medicine, and armed forces to name a few. In addition to receiving general information about these career fields, students were exposed to job opportunities right here in our own beautiful Clay County, N.C.